Breastfeeding Services-Expert Answers, Individual Attention
Since every woman's breastfeeding experience is unique, Advocate Christ Medical Center is staffed with certified lactation consultants who work with women from pregnancy until their baby is weaned. They answer the unique questions each mother has about making the nurturing choice to breastfeed.
Our consultants are registered nurses who have the professional expertise to help with:
- Breastfeeding and returning to work
- Breastfeeding the premature infant
- Breastfeeding twins, triplets and other multiple siblings
- Babies who seem "fussy" or reluctant to nurse
- Special needs babies such as those with cleft palate, Trisomy 21 or other medical complications
- Slow weight-gain babies
- Babies with weak sucking reflex
- Breast conditions, including inverted nipples, engorgement, blocked ducts or previous breast surgery
- Stimulation of lactation for adoption and other special circumstances
- Nutrition for the breastfeeding mother
ACMC Lactation Center
New mothers will benefit from access to outpatient consultation with certified lactation consultants. The center also offers the sale and rental of breast pumps and equipment. Nursing bras are available for sale.
Products and support are also available for women undergoing urogynecology treatment.
The Lactation Center is open six days a week (closed Sundays and Christmas Day). To speak with our staff or to make an appointment with a lactation consultant, please call 708.684.3300.
ACMC Lactation Center offers rental and sale of breast pumps, fitting and sale of nursing bras and other breastfeeding equipment and supplies.
Mothers can discuss questions or concerns over the phone or set up an appointment to meet with a lactation consultant, usually within 24 hours. Most concerns can be addressed over the phone. Many moms find it reassuring to talk to someone who understands, cares and can help.
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Closed Sundays and Christmas Day
To talk with a lactation consultant or for more information on the services provided by the Lactation Center, please call 708.684.3300.