at Advocate Christ Medical Center
As an older adult, staying healthy and independent are priorities. Christ Medical Center has responded to the needs of older adults by developing a variety of treatment programs, practical assistance services, support groups, and health and wellness programs.
If you can't find what you are looking for, start with the Senior Advocate department located in the main lobby of the medical center or call 708.684.4150. We will do our best to answer your questions and connect you with the services you need.
- Insurance Counseling-Senior Advocate counselors provide assistance with processing all of your medical paperwork from any provider. We are also available to answer your questions about benefits and help you review your options regarding Medicare, supplemental insurances and prescription drug coverage to allow you to make choices that are best for you. Senior Advocate counselors are also available to assist you with completing applications to help you qualify for government programs such as Illinois Cares Rx and Extra Help.
- Transportation-Transportation, on a limited basis, is available for seniors. To qualify, the senior must meet the following criteria: be ambulatory and able to meet the vehicle at the curb; live in the hospital's primary service area as designated by ZIP code; be coming to the hospital campus for a single trip visit to see a physician or for an outpatient test. For details and requirements, call 708.684.4123 between 9 a.m. and noon Monday through Friday. In addition, certain hospital services offer expanded transportation. Please check with the individual department to see if special transportation arrangements are available.
- Advance Directives-Advance Directives are Living Wills and Durable Powers of Attorney for Health Care. Blank forms are available in the Senior Advocate department at any time. If someone needs assistance filling out the forms or if they would like to discuss the form in detail, a representative from the department of Mission and Spiritual Care can speak with them. Call 708.684.5175.
- Parking-Valet Parking is available for a fee at the main door of the hospital from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Vehicle retrieval is available until 7 p.m. This parking service is available for handicapped and special needs patients as well as for individuals who have difficulty walking. For other visitors, shuttle bus service is available to and from the main parking lot.
- Support Groups-There are several support groups available to seniors and their family members. These groups include Diabetes Support Group, Happy Hearts Club, and many more. Call HealthAdvisor at 1.800.323.8622 for details.
- Information Referral-Christ Medical Center's Senior Advocate representatives are dedicated to help you access hospital and community resources ranging from emergency response systems, home-delivered meals, transportation and other programs for seniors.
- Educational Seminars and Health Fairs-Providing valuable information and screenings.
- Senior Advocate Magazine-A quarterly health and wellness magazine with articles and events of interest to seniors.
How to Join Senior Advocate
To become a Senior Advocate member, fill out the enrollment form. You may either submit the form online or print and fill out a copy and mail it to the address on the form. For assistance in completing this application, call 1.800.323.8622 Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Finding the Senior Advocate Office at Christ Medical Center
We are conveniently located in the main lobby of Christ Medical Center. Our hours of service are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. To make an appointment to see a counselor or for more information, please call us at 708.684.4150.