In offering their time and talents, volunteers make significant contributions to the care we provide at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. We greatly appreciate our volunteers and truly desire to see them learn and grow. Our volunteer program coordinators work diligently with our volunteers to place them in areas that match their talents, interests and objectives. The goal of the Volunteer Office is to match the needs of the hospital with the objectives of the volunteers.
General Volunteer Program
The General Volunteer Program will be hosting an open house in the Volunteer Office on Saturday, November 9 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you are interested in learning more about volunteering at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, please stop by. Light refreshments will be served.
Pre-Health Volunteer Program
The Illinois Masonic Medical Center Pre-Health Volunteer Program is geared toward students interested in pursuing medical careers. As a volunteer, you will be provided with clinical opportunities, patient interaction and exposure to a hospital setting. In addition to providing wayfinding services for patients and visitors, you will also receive opportunities to work in clinical settings and interact with patients. Volunteers are front-line leaders and often the first people to greet patients or visitors entering the hospital.
Volunteers are scheduled in four-hour timeslots throughout the day. The earliest available daily timeslot is 6 to 10 a.m., and the latest timeslot is 2 to 6 p.m. You must be able to commit to at least one full four-hour timeslot on a weekly basis in order to be considered for participation. New volunteers are unable to sign up for weekend or evening shifts.
If you are interested in becoming a Pre-Health volunteer at Illinois Masonic Medical Center, please email Bill Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the Fall Volunteer Pre-Orientation Guide. The Pre-Orientation Guide includes:
- Overview of the Advocate Illinois Masonic Pre-Health Volunteer Program
- Instructions on how to sign up
- Information about required steps prior to registration
If you interested in joining the pre-health program beginning in January, 2014 please follow the steps listed below. Email Bill Ryan at William.Ryan@advocatehealth.com and request the new Winter Wayfinding information packet.
- Attend the Open house on Saturday, November 9th from 10-1pm. Please plan to spend approximately and 90 minutes to complete your self guided medical campus tour & test. Please note the test is only accessible online and if you want to complete your test you must bring your own laptop.
- Please print the Employee Health clearance form included in the attached Wayfinding Guide.
- Please call Employee Health to schedule your appointment.
- Please note you must be cleared by December 20th. Keep in mind the process takes 10-15 days to complete.
- Plan to attend the new volunteer Wayfinding Orientation on Saturday, January 18th from 10am-12pm.
Please note - this is the only schedule new volunteer orientation for the Winter Semester.
For more information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions pages for each of our volunteer programs:
General Volunteer Program: Frequently Asked Questions
Pre-Health Volunteer Program: Frequently Asked Questions