Enhancing the well-being of adolescents, 12 and older, and adults with Down syndrome using a team approach to provide comprehensive, holistic, community-based health care services.
Our multidisciplinary team has served the health and psychosocial needs of over 5,000 adolescents and adults with Down syndrome since the center opened in January 1992.
We believe that:
Research, education and the dissemination of information related to Down syndrome foster an understanding and acceptance of people with Down syndrome.
- All individuals are worthy and deserving of comprehensive and compassionate health care.
- Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
- People with Down syndrome should be active participants in their health care.
- Health promotion behaviors have a positive impact on the quality of a person’s life.
- Provide comprehensive and compassionate health care services reflective of standards of professional excellence and current research findings.
- Enhance the health of adults and adolescents with Down syndrome.
- Encourage individuals with Down syndrome and their families to develop health promoting behaviors.
- Foster an understanding and acceptance of individuals with Down syndrome.
For more information or to schedule a visit to the center, please call 847.318.2303.