The Advocate South Suburban Hospital Orthopedic Center of Excellence
Our Orthopedic team includes experienced board-certified orthopedic surgeons, physician’s assistants, orthopedic certified nurses, and physical and occupational therapists.
Our specialists offer both surgical and non-surgical treatment options to address each patient’s unique needs.
The Advocate South Suburban Hospital Orthopedic Center of Excellence is designed to get you back to living a more active, better quality of life.
The Orthopedic Center of Excellence is proud to be a designated Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, awarded by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois. The designation is given to medical facilities based on their commitment to quality care, resulting in better overall outcomes for patients who undergo knee or hip replacement procedures.
Once you and your physician determine joint replacement is the way to go, here’s what to expect:
- A nurse navigator. The navigator is your main resource and support throughout your joint replacement journey. We know that having any procedure can produce questions - it’s nice to know someone is there to listen and give you answers. Before your surgery, during your hospital stay and after your discharge the orthopedic nurse navigator is your liaison to getting the information you need to succeed. If you have questions before making a decision about surgery you can contact the navigator at 708.213.BONE (2663).
- Attend a free joint “camp” class. Research has shown that people who know what to expect before surgery do significantly better after surgery. This specialized class teaches you what to anticipate from start to finish. If you or your family members have questions, we have the answers! You will be guided through the joint replacement process – from pre-surgical testing and preparation to rehabilitation exercises to expectations after discharge from the program. You’ll also have the opportunity to see the unit where your recovery starts and meet some of our staff members.
- Your experience the day of surgery. After check-in, you will be escorted to the pre-surgical area where you will meet your pre-op nursing team and meet with your surgeon.
- Physical Therapy and the rehab process. These start the day your surgery is completed.
- Discharge. You will be discharged to your home, to our hospital skilled care unit or an extended care facility. Any of these options will assist you in your recovery and will be arranged by our staff prior to your discharge.
- Follow-up. After you leave the Orthopedic Center of Excellence you have the option of calling your nurse navigator at any time to ask a question. Some former patients even like to call to check-in and let us know how well they are doing!
Fractures (Broken Bone)
While many patients receive non-surgical treatments for shoulder injuries, our surgeons are prepared in arthroscopic shoulder procedures. Shoulder ailments include:
- Cervical fracture
- Disc replacement
- Disc fusion
- Lumbar fracture
- Thoracic fracture
Other Services Related to Orthopedics