The Advocate South Suburban Hospital Orthopedic Center of Excellence
The Orthopedic Center of Excellence is proud to be a designated Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, awarded by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois. The designation is given to medical facilities based on their commitment to quality care, resulting in better overall outcomes for patients who undergo knee or hip replacement procedures.
Our Orthopedic team includes experienced board certified orthopedic surgeons, physician’s assistants, orthopedic certified nurses, and physical and occupational therapists.
Advocate South Suburban Hospital’s Orthopedic Center of Excellence program is designed to get you back to a better quality of life and living a more active life with a joint replacement.
Once you and your physician determine joint replacement is the way to go, here’s what to expect:
- A nurse navigator will be your main resource and support throughout the steps on your joint replacement journey.
- Attend a free joint camp - Where you will learn what to expect throughout the process, you’ll learn proper nutrition, exercises to prepare you for rehab, discharge planning options and what will happen the day of and after surgery.
- Pre-admission testing - Your physician will order medical tests so you can be approved for surgery.
- Your experience the day of surgery – After check-in, you will be escorted to the pre-surgical area where you will meet your pre-op nursing team and meet with your surgeon.
- Rehab starts on the day your surgery is completed.
- You will be discharged to your home, to our hospital skilled care unit or an extended care facility. Any of these options will assist you in your recovery.
- Follow-up - We will follow-up with you regularly for a year after your replacement.